Description: Do you want more prayer power? Would you like to grow in holiness? You can use this book to experience the friendship and spiritual guidance of hundreds of saints, one for each day of the year. If you desire to grow in holiness, the prayers given here will point you in the right direction, and the saints will lead you by the hand and never let go! (107 pages). View a preview of this book.
“Already my book is helping! I sent the prayer to Saint Alexius (patron saint of the homeless, July 17) to a friend whose ex-husband was homeless, and a day later he had a home to live in! Praise the Lord and thank you Saint Alexius!” (Terry Modica, on 8/26/99, while writing the book)
- Cross-reference it with the author’s website to look up what you need prayer support for and find a Saint to pray with you, or to look up Saints and find their patronages and spiritual guidance.
- Look up a date to find a Saint and prayer for that day.
- Give it to a candidate in RCIA/OCIA as a gift for their spiritual journey and for help in finding a Patron Saint for their Confirmation name.
View more details…
How this book came about: While growing up Protestant, Terry Modica developed a relationship with Jesus. After the Holy Spirit led her to the Catholic Church, she struggled for several years to understand what role Mary and the saints should have in her life. Then, she experienced a miraculous overnight devotion to the Blessed Mother. Soon after, she began to read about the saints: starting with Padre Pio, St. Frances and St. Clare, and then St. Teresa of Avila. Through studying their lives, these residents of Heaven have become, in a way, her spiritual directors and close friends. “Those who love you for His sake…will never desert you,” says St. Teresa (The Way of Perfection, Chap. IX, 3). Inspired by the awareness that the saints love us and care about us beyond all measure, and that they will come to our aid when we need prayer support and encouragement, Terry Modica wrote this devotional handbook.
About the author
Terry Modica is CEO and executive director of Good News Ministries of Tampa Bay, Inc., which she co-founded with her husband Ralph in 1995. On the front lines of the battlefield for the salvation of souls, they have had to learn and successfully use the spiritual warfare scriptures and prayers that are now being shared in this handbook.
A published author since 1982, Terry Modica has a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, two diocesan certifications in Lay Pastoral Ministry, and is vetted by her diocese (St. Petersburg) as a speaker. She has been giving parish missions, courses, and retreats since 1989. With Ralph, her high school sweetheart whom she married in 1975, she founded Good News Ministries of Tampa Bay in 1995 and serves as the executive director. In 2004, she traveled to Malawi in Central Africa to teach two week-long courses on papal encyclicals to seminarians, their professors, and local catechists. The couple gives marriage enrichment retreats as part of their ministry.
License and Copyright
- You are purchasing a single user license for this product. You may not print copies for more than one person. For parish/group pricing, please contact us.
- You may not post or share this product on the internet in any form.
- The copyright footer of documents must be included on all copies.
- You may not add to or alter content without requesting and receiving special permission.