Description: This easy to follow 33-page study guide (PDF) is a small discussion group program that explains in ordinary language how to understand this very important Church document and apply it to our every-day lives and today’s world. Group facilitators don’t need to be experts; they only need to serve as discussion starters and time-keepers.
The US Bishops, in a statement about the document they’re preparing on Eucharistic coherency, wrote: “The intent is to present a clear understanding of the Church’s teachings to bring heightened awareness among the faithful of how the Eucharist can transform our lives and bring us closer to our creator and the life he wants for us.” The book, My Soul Shall be Healed, does exactly that!
This program can be held in 5 to 7 sessions, depending on how much time the group will spend in the Introduction and Conclusion. Suggestion: Use the Introduction by itself to invite people to join the group! View a preview of this e-book.
View more details…
This program explores:
• developing a personal relationship with Jesus in the Eucharist
• the Eucharist as the “source and summit of the Christian life”
• what Catholics believe and do not believe about the Eucharist
• why only Catholic priests can consecrate the Communion elements
• the role of the whole community in Holy Communion
The book is divided into 7 parts:
2: The Mystery of Faith
3: The Apostolicity of the Eucharist and the Church
4: The Eucharist and Ecclesial Communion
5: The Dignity of the Eucharistic Celebration
6: At the School of Mary
About the author
Terry Modica is CEO and executive director of Good News Ministries of Tampa Bay, Inc., which she co-founded with her husband Ralph in 1995. On the front lines of the battlefield for the salvation of souls, they have had to learn and successfully use the spiritual warfare scriptures and prayers that are now being shared in this handbook.
A published author since 1982, Terry Modica has a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, two diocesan certifications in Lay Pastoral Ministry, and is vetted by her diocese (St. Petersburg) as a speaker. She has been giving parish missions, courses, and retreats since 1989. With Ralph, her high school sweetheart whom she married in 1975, she founded Good News Ministries of Tampa Bay in 1995 and serves as the executive director. In 2004, she traveled to Malawi in Central Africa to teach two week-long courses on papal encyclicals to seminarians, their professors, and local catechists. The couple gives marriage enrichment retreats as part of their ministry.
See what people are saying…
Beth Solis, a group facilitator in Oklahoma, says, “Our members asked us in the beginning if we minded taking things slowly so we could have time to really discuss each paragraph. We always have such great discussion! The PPT has been very helpful and is a nice addition.”
Feedback from a study group in Florida:
- Sylvia says, “This experience deepened my love for the Eucharist in ways I couldn’t imagine when we first started this course.”
- Karen says, “I never thought that I would read an encyclical. However, using the study guide made this experience so rewarding. It broadened my view about the Eucharist and my Catholic faith that makes me love and appreciate what Jesus did for us ever more deeply.”
- Tim says, “Being the only convert in the group, I ascertained a better and stronger understanding of the importance of the Eucharist, not only in the Mass but also in my daily life.”
- Jimmy says, “I learned so much about the Eucharist that was powerful and enlightening. This course helped deepen my faith and my appreciation for the Holy Mass.”
- Erin says, “It was amazing to get everyone’s perspective on the readings. And it deepened my love in the beautiful gift that the Eucharist is to all humanity for our salvation.”
- Shirley says, “This course was so enlightening. It was a gift that helped me grow in my faith.”
A PowerPoint presentation of the discussion questions, designed for group use, is available for FREE. If you would like a copy of this PowerPoint, please contact us.
License and Copyright
- You are purchasing a single user license for this product. You may not print copies for more than one person. For parish/group pricing, please contact us.
- You may not post or share this product on the internet in any form.
- The copyright footer of documents must be included on all copies.
- You may not add to or alter content without requesting and receiving special permission.