Description: 7-page handout includes answers to the most commonly asked questions about the praying the Rosary. It also explains to beginners how to pray the Rosary. And it contains all four mysteries of the Rosary with meditations that personalize the prayers for the individual user. The Joyful Mysteries have blanks for personal intentions. The Luminous Mysteries use scripture quotes. The Sorrowful Mysteries use quotes from Saints. The Glorious Mysteries use scriptures.
Q: Why pray the Rosary?
A: There is much power in praying the Rosary, because you are offering up the sacrifice of your time. You are sending it into the immaculate and loving heart of the Blessed Mother of Christ, who adds her prayers to yours and sends them to his Sacred Heart that was pierced for love of you. Jesus then intercedes for you in unity with the Holy Spirit and the Father, all of Whom love you dearly and care about your prayer requests much more than you do! As you pray, trust God and let him decide the best way and timing to respond to your requests.
Other questions answered:
- Why should we pray to Mary when we can go directly to God?
- When was the Rosary invented? It’s not in the Bible.
- Why say the same words over and over again? Isn’t this babbling?
- What are the mysteries of the Rosary?
- Why ten Hail Marys for each mystery? Why five mysteries for each Rosary?
- Must we say the prayers exactly the way they are written?
Ideas for use: Rosary prayer meetings, RCIA class, parish missions, confessions and penance services, etc.