Not sure how to actually do the download?
Here’s our step-by-step guide for Windows users who are not very familiar with their computer.
1. Go back to the email you received that has the link to the file of the resource you ordered. It looks like this:
- It includes a clickable link, that looks something like this:
Download > Name of File.pdf (1.22 MB)
If you didn’t receive this email, which was automatically mailed to you as soon as you completed your purchase, look in your junk mail folder. If you still cannot find it, make sure your filters are set to accept all mail from the domain “catholicdr.com”. Then, contact us to have us resend the link to you.
2. When you click on the download link, a webpage will open where you’ll see your license and other instructions, and a download link for your product(s). When you click on this link, a pop-up box opens. Be sure to choose to “SAVE FILE”. It looks like this:
Note: PDF files can be opened from this link, but do not attempt to print this copy! Your printer might not handle it well, because you’re actually printing off the internet. Instead, print it from your computer. You purchased a license to save a digital copy on your computer so that you can use it repeatedly in the future even if you lose the print-out. To solve this problem, instead of telling your computer to open the file, tell your computer to save the file.
3. When the “File Download” pop-up box appears, click the “Save” button. Save it on your computer’s desktop or in a folder where you can easily find it later.
4. Tadaa! You’re now downloading it from the CDR website to your computer.
After you’ve download it, then what?
If you do all this and it doesn’t work, you don’t have the right program to run it. There are instructions on the website for downloading the right program to make it work, and it’s probably free. See the Special Instructions page, but get a friend to help you if it seems mysterious to you.
If these instructions aren’t understandable enough, please find someone who can look over your shoulder and tell you what to do. I know it’s frustrating when the computer is unfamiliar. Surely you know someone who can lead you through this.
More help is provided here.